Eco Annie’s Earth week Solutions #6 Changing consumer mindset on plastic pollution.

PLASTIC POLLUTION and Earth day 2018. Decades of single-use plastics usage by us have accumulated in the massive amount of plastic pollution we have created.  Many plastic items are used only once and then thrown away - That's crazy!! In the UK only 10% of coffee cups are recycled. Plastic is a byproduct of the …

Eco Annie’s Earth Day solutions #5 Energy Efficiency

Photo credit: Trenton Branson

The International Energy Agency IAE- World Energy Outlook states that: “Transformative change in the energy sector, the source of at least two-thirds of greenhouse-gas emissions, is essential to reach the objectives of the (Paris) Agreement” SOLUTIONS TOWARDS BECOMING ENERGY EFFICIENT                                …

Eco Annie’s Earth Week Solutions #4 Carbon pricing

Photo credit: Trenton Branson

WHAT IS CARBON PRICING? Carbon pricing  - incentivizing low carbon growth. Carbon-pricing leads to a meaningful cost of CO2 within consumer goods and services. WIKIPEDIA: Carbon pricing charges those who emit carbon dioxide (CO2) for their emissions. That charge, called a carbon price, is the amount that must be paid for the right to emit one tonne of CO2 into the atmosphere.[1] Carbon …

Eco Annie’s Earth Week Solutions #2 Renewable Energy

Photo credit: Trenton Branson

THE PROBLEM WITH OUR CURRENT GLOBAL ENERGY SYSTEMS The current global energy system we use is key to understanding climate change and this understanding will then help us to move towards a more sustainable energy system. Today the global energy system comprises of approximately 80% fossil fuels (coal, oil, gas) and the remaining 20% is …

Eco Annie’s Earth Week Solutions #1 Reforestation

Photo credit: Trenton Branson

TODAYS SOLUTION - Reforestation Stopping deforestation and starting reforestation has been identified as one of the vital solutions to lowering carbon dioxide emissions.  Currently, large areas of trees are being cut down at an alarming rate to be used as firewood, to clear areas of land for animals to be kept and also to create land to …